Track and follow up your prospects…
Unless you’re highly exceptional in your strike-rate, not every walk-in or every person taking a tour of your club becomes a member straightaway. But every one of these people is a warm prospect, with a good possibility of conversion with the right approach.
Are you systematically tracking and following up all your prospects until the point that they either join or you know for sure they have joined a different club?
If someone has taken the time and trouble to call in, to take a tour or perhaps even use a free day-pass, then there is a decent chance they want to join a club – you’ve just got to do your best to ensure that they choose your club…
At Ashbourne, we’ve created some tools that make it really easy for you to track and follow up your prospects in a systematic way that really isn’t time-consuming.
- The start-point, of course, is to extract some contact details from each person, to enable that follow-up – a phone number and an email address. The club questionnaire is a great way to wrap this request up in format that makes it easier to obtain. A good questionnaire sets about finding out what each prospect is looking to achieve by joining a club and WHY they want to achieve this – this is the emotional reason why they should join and the best information to use to get them to commit to you. For more information on creating an effective questionnaire, see my section on ‘The Perfect Sales Tour’ in my 100 Ways ebook.
- Armed with the email address of each prospect, you can enter all their details onto the Ashbourne MVS database, remembering to give them a ‘Prospect’ classification.
- Using this database of prospects’ email addresses, you can email them straight from the Connect+ module which is built into the Ashbourne system. Using a simple personalised templated email specifically aimed at your prospects, you can send them scheduled follow-up emails.
- Unlike sending a simple email from your own email account, you can see detailed reports about the response to these emails – has it been opened and when? Were any links opened that were included in the email? This allows you to make an informed follow-up by phone or further email.
- And so on… keep refining and building your email campaigns to your prospects – learn what works in terms of additional carrots to encourage people to make a decision and join.
Have you got a pile of prospect names scattered about on various bits of paper, emails and spreadsheets? Get organised and get tracking them and following up until they say… YES!
Connect+ is available to all Ashbourne customers as part of our Collection+ service.